Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Salary: £28,000.00 /year
Food And Beverage Manager – Four Star Branded Hotel – £28k
This Four Star branded hotel is situated within a peaceful setting in Milton Keynes. The hotel is a great escape away from the city and is in the perfect setting for weddings. With their contempary design throughout it is perfect for families and couples. The restaurant is very popular in the area, and all food is freshly prepared to satisfy any taste. The hotel also has eight meeting rooms which can accommodate up to 160 people.They now have a rare opportunity for a F&B Manager to join their management team.
- Improving operating standards in all F & B departments, ensuring consistently high
- standards of service and maximum guest satisfaction.
- Ensuring that standards are regularly reviewed and that SOP Manuals are
- updated, all staff are trained accordingly and full training records are maintained.
- Achieving/ improving on budgeted revenues and GOP, maximizing the profitability of the departments through training staff to up sell at every opportunity in order to achieve their budgeted targets.
- Controlling departmental expenses including liquor cost of sales & service staff wages, in line with business levels
- Implementing and monitoring departmental training & development plans
- To work with the Head Chef to implement seasonal and “on trend” menus.
- Being responsible for all health and safety issues within the F & B department.
- Assisting with preparation of monthly business reviews, annual budgets and business plans
- Duty Management as required on rota
- Ideal Candidate
- experience in food and beverage service management in quality hotels including operational experience in all food and beverage department, including events & weddings.
- The ability to display excellent guest care skills, leading by example
- A good knowledge of wines & spirits & a passion for fresh, quality food.
- Good financial awareness with a full understanding of food and beverage revenue streams and controls
- Self-motivation and drive- and be able to motivate others to achieve the high standards
- The ability to implement standards, policies and procedures and to monitor and take any necessary action when they fall short.
- Proven man-management, coaching and team building skills
- A good understanding of all applicable Health & Safety legislation and ideally have Food Safety Level 3 qualification
- Good presentation with an outgoing personality, excellent interpersonal skills, a professional manner and excellent command of written & spoken English
- Good IT skills
- Good coaching and Training skills
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small but expanding group with a great opportunity for progression.