Salary: £30,000.00 /year
Bar Manager – Jersey – Beautiful Hotel – 30k – Live In Available
This stunning four star hotel set in St Aubins has over sixty rooms and is well known for their five star service and fresh food. The hotel is set within St Aubins village where there are art galleries, pubs, cafes and a local market. The hotel has a stunning view and is currently going through a refurbishment programme with the bar and restaurant being turned into a Champagne and Gin Bar. This is a great opportunity to join as the Bar Manager will be able to recruit a new team..
- Ensure smooth running of all areas, beverages, food, events, functions etc.
- Ensure the rotas are accurate; staff coverage is in accordance with the expected level of business, that wages are within the agreed budget
- Taking responsibility of the ordering of all supplies, including the receipt of said orders e.g. beer, soft drinks stationery etc.
- Ensure that all Bar requirements on function sheet instructions are met
- Regularly monitor quality and standard of service. Assess shortfalls and successes. Implement remedial action as required.
- Ensure that customer complaints procedures are adhered to and that remedial action is taken as required.
- Maintain a well trained, motivated and supervised Bar team, and identify training needs for the team. Submit ideas to the Directors. Review ongoing training, to ensure consistency.
- Liaise with the Directors on recruitment needs. Interview and recruit suitable candidates within your team.
- Submit, discuss and agree proposals and plans to improve standards, working conditions, control systems, and maximise revenue
- To participate in the Duty Management rota
- Four or five star Hotel background
- Have previous supervision/ management experience
- Someone who is keen to deliver high standards of customer service in a food and beverage business.
- Someone with basic standards of computer/ IT skills sufficient to utilise our electronic systems for hotel management and sales.
- Able to demonstrate your passion for food and beverages, with creative abilities.
- Keen to develop your skills and knowledge and willing to undertake formal and informal training.
- Consistent in your observation of safe ways of working, hygiene, and standards of preparation and presentation.
- Innovative and creative, willing to try new things and present ideas to the team for new food and drink offers to delight our customers.