Salary: £32,000.00 /year
Conference and Banqueting Manager- Basingstoke- £32,000- Fantastic Hotel
Beautiful five star hotel on the outskirts of Basingstoke but with good transport links to London is currently recruiting for a Conference and Banqueting Manager to manage this extremely busy department.
As a Conference and Banqueting Manager you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Exceeding customers expectations for the level of service
- Budgeting and costing
- Leading an outstanding team
- Main Purpose of the Job To assist the C&B Manager in the following
- Ensure guests needs and expectations are met or exceeded within by the C&B team.
- Ensuring high levels of hygiene control and health and safety are maintained.
- Take responsibility for serving food and beverage for private dining, meetings and events and the set up and organisation of the room
- Ensure that the department SoP standards are met.
- Supervise team members
- Assist in training team members
- To maintain accurate control of department equipment and inventory of all stock and supplies
- Communicate clearly and concisely with other departments Skills and Requirements
- Be immaculately presented with outstanding communication skills and have a keen eye for detail.
- Be a natural leader who is highly organised and has a cool and calm persona when under pressure
- Be highly customer focused, have excellent communication skills and have the ability to manage the team effectively
- Must be well presentedwith good communication skills, time management and planning.
- Be able to manage team members fairly and consistently Skills/competencies
- Working Knowledge of PMS Opera or equivalent • Customer Service trained and professional guest complaint handling
- Good command of the English language Knowledge
To be suitable for this role you will need to have the following:
- A track record of working in a similar role for a large hotel
- Dynamic ability to push business forward
- Have been responsible for a large operation
In return for the right candidate you will have various benefits including
- service charge
- Free meals on duty
- Uniform provided
- Company pension scheme
- Excellent staff rates including overnight stays, spa treatments and dining
- Employee Assistance programme
- Free Car Parking
- Employee referral scheme
- Onsite accommodation available
- Training and progression